Tuesday, April 13, 2010

It's Tuesday, whoo hoo!!

Seriously folk, not much sewing going on here so I'll just chat about what is going on.

If you don't read The Selfish Seamstress, you are totally missing out. This is one of my favorite blogs, and I was even featured in a recent post.

Here's a little hint of what you'll see. An outfit I sewed back in 1981 for the holidays. The cute dude was later my husband. He passed away in 1997.


I'm back in weight loss mode and I don't know if others feel the same way, but sewing is darn tough at that time. I want to share a recent find. I've used virtually all different online calorie trackers from WeightWatchers, Fitday, DailyPlate, etc., but I've found a new favorite. It's actually a free download from the Calorie Restriction Society (I believe) and it's just darn terrific.


What I like about it, over the others, is that it encourages one to weigh food. Weighing is so much easier, in the long run once you know how to do it properly, so tracking becomes more accurate.

Here's a video from my favorite health/fitness guru. Suggestion - click on the title link and view it on YouTube as it doesn't fit in my formatting.

Besides those things going on, it's Spring, and I just love Spring. I totally don't have anything to wear though. Guess I need to sew. And tomorrow I get company, my sister is visiting for almost a week, and I have a bunch of housework to do. It's gorgeous outside and I'm stuck inside cleaning....bummer.

Off for my nice long walk.

1 comment:

  1. I think that you look great. You have a super figure and you dress impeccably.
    I am a big supporter of walking, I did some of that myself today.

    ReplyDelete