Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The machine's are a humming

I have finally gotten back in the sewing room, though not all is perfect yet (I'll discuss that later.)

I finished up two skirts for my oldest daughter today. Both are just traced off skirts she already has and likes. The first started as the muslin, but I used a suit type of fabric (a polyester one from Joann's) and it fit right, so I've continued to finish it with a lining and kick pleat in the back.

The next was a knit skirt with interesting inset pieces on the side. It sewed up really easily, and I hope to have photos of both to share soon.

I also just cut out a sundress for my younger daughter. I'm just sewing up a straight size 12 and hoping for the best.

It's a super simple pattern, M5873.


Computers have died left and right in this house recently, and I ended up buying a new one today just so I could watch Netflix and other online shows while sewing. I've gotten addicted to the habit, and it's my favorite way to sew.

That was the other reason sewing hadn't been going to well.

A lot of discussion has been on PR lately about not wanting to sew for others, and seriously, what does it matter if you like to or not. I enjoy it on occasion, right now is the right occasion.

1 comment:

  1. Your netflix addiction made me laugh. I must have my netflix or DVD to sew. My husband even wall-mounted a 32" flat screen TV in what he calls "the Mom cave" so the TV wouldn't take up any of my precious sewing space.

    BTW, I've been lurking the pinheads thread at PR. When life slows down I hope to join. Sounds like you guys have a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete