Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Knitting and Guilt

I haven't sewn in ages, and yes, I miss it. I don't see myself getting back to it with a passion though, at least not for awhile...it's faded away. Last year I had lost a bunch of weight and dreaded refitting, plus shopping was just too much fun and easy. Oh, and yes...weight is creeping back on, so there's more guilt to deal with. I've had problems with my neck for years after an accident, and this past December had an extreme flare of my herniated discs (lots of arthritis and facet issues, etc.) So I got some relief with spinal injections and physical therapy (which was the best) and am at what is my new "me." I hurt a lot and sitting at a sewing machine hurts.

But I do want to get back to it.

I've been knitting and having the time of my life. I started with finishing up two scarves I had started 2 winters ago, then went on to a few pairs of fingerless mitts and a couple hats. I began my first sweater in January, and just started my second one last night. Oh, and socks are so much fun, go figure.

   

This is the Equinox Raglan, the link is from Ravelry, and I guess that's just how I'll post these things. The yarn is Noro Silk Garden and I used 8 full skeins.

 

These Hermione's Everyday Socks were a breeze to knit, I'll do them again some day. And here's an updating photo of Penny and my daughter. Penny is all grown up now and still a crazy Vizsla.



Now to see if this all posted, I hadn't been on Blogspot in so long everything has changed. (eek, it's horrid, I'm going to have to relearn this all.)

1 comment: