Saturday, June 18, 2011

Got an idea swirling in my head - S2154

Jeez, I don't blog in awhile (okay, so ages) and I come back and absolutely everything is different.  Hopefully this will work out.

I've complained in the past of having ordered a bunch of fashion magazines and then doing nothing with them.  Most the time I thumb through them, see something that does catch my eye, but I forget about it and once again, nothing is done.

Ah ha....a cute little jacket caught my eye yesterday as I've been thinking about a small jacket/sweater to wear over sleeveless summer dresses.  Here is a photo from an ad in Elle magazine.  The jewelry the ad is for didn't catch my eye, but look how sweet the eyelet jacket is.



So off to hunt down a pattern and I see Simplicity has a cute match in their S2154, a retro outfit.  Also, take a cute at the little top.  I think it is a beautiful classic and I can see myself possibly wearing it too.  I'm not much of a bow person, so that might have to be left off, but the lines are pretty.


3 comments:

  1. What a great pattern! Eyelet would be perfect for a little summer jacket! I never go sleeveless, so this would be a great idea for me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a pattern that may work. I'll bring it to lunch today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph, Could you share details of the pattern? I'm particularly searching for something similar that would fit someone like me who is "fuller fronted" (boobs and belly but not pregnant). I love the Jackie O look of Annette's pattern but don't have the slim figure for it, and don't know how to adjust to fit.
    (Steph, if you have a slim figure - enjoy it and ignore my request).
    Cheers,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete