Saturday, September 20, 2014

A new focus

I'm feeling slightly disillusioned, let me explain.  First of all, yes, I've been sewing.  I love sewing and it's my entertainment.  The other day I went thrifting and I bought loads of clothes, all nice and new and in my colors (a later post to come about that) and I spent a whopping $38.  That's what I'd spend on one new pair of slacks, and buying fabric for a nice pair of slacks is not much different.

I do need new bras as I've gained weight again, so my new focus is going to be bras again.  I really want to compare different patterns and shapes and such.

Reason this came to mind is that I recently downloaded a new bra pattern, took my measurements (as I expected) and made up my bra.  Now, to be honest, the last time I did that with a KwikSew pattern, it fit perfectly, obviously something that rarely happens.  But I did think I'd be close enough in size for some minor alterations.

Not at all, this bra was so tiny, I was just shocked.  I could tell while making it that the cup wasn't going to fit.

I spent this morning cutting out cups of different sizes, and it made me think about making bra muslins and such, so that's going to be my new focus -- bras and fit and patterns and such.

So of course I found a different pattern to download...so much fun.

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment