Thursday, November 27, 2014

The Mad Seamstress

I can see my direction has changed since my last post in.....September?  I'm not a very good blogger. That is so me though, my mind always goes for a spin in another direction. I can't do all the things I want to do or have ideas for, etc.

But I should blog a bit, so I'm thinking I'll work on that before the end of the year, change things up, and freshen up the blog and actually use it.

I've been busy sewing for the Pattern Review Sewing Bee, having just finished up Round 3, though we won't know who passes on to Round 4 until this weekend.  It's been so much fun and so very motivating.

Challenge 1 was an A-line Skirt
Challenge 2 was reconstructing from men's buttondown shirts.
Challenge 3 was a knit dress from 2 fabrics (pattern given to us.)




Wish me luck as I do hope to pass on to the next round.

2 comments:

  1. You'd be enjoying a new serger if I had been the deciding judge in the sewing bee. Everybody did a wonderful job, and the competition was neck-and-neck the whole way in my opinion. You did an outstanding job on each challenge, and your creativity and workmanship were top-notch. Congratulations. Because of the sewing bee I found your blog and will look forward to seeing your new creations - made without a deadline!! Know that part will be wonderful for you.
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mari. I've actually had a few other comments like that from other people, and yes, it's nice to hear. Thanks again, you've made my day.

      Delete