Since I haven't posted at all, I figured I'd just write a bit and see if it motivates me to actually post what I'm doing.
I saw that the last time I posted was during the PR Sewing Bee...which I did not win...and did not expect to win. It was my 3rd time, and I swore I'd never do it again. To make sure I wouldn't do it again, I immediately requested to be the moderator (or whatever the term is) to host the next go round this Fall. I think that will be pretty fun and extremely time consuming, but I am looking forward to it.
My first grandchildren were born last year, one in August and one in October. I really thought I'd be excited to sew for babies, and nope, that didn't happen. They both got cute quilts I did sew (hey, something I could post) and each an outfit just recently. Baby clothes are so cheap to buy that it's actually hard to rationalized the $17/yd organic cotton at our local shop.
Foot surgery in December put me out of commission for awhile and all I did was knit. Yes, I actually knitted 3 full sized shawls. Ha ha...something else I could post photos of (maybe tomorrow).
I sewed a bunch of tops and yoga pants to get me through comfy times at home for those couple months, and they were a good success.
And just recently we have been having renovations done on two bathrooms, and as I have 2 large dogs to keep out of the way of the contractor, they've been sewing with me. I have sewn tops and capris and tanks galore.
Awhile back I told myself all my stash is to be used, clear it out, use it up, blah blah blah. It's been quite freeing.
I guess blogs are just for rambling anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment