Sunday, June 18, 2017

Whoa Baby! Had a style consult and this kind of blows my mind

A few years back I had my color analysis done as I was feeling dull and drab.  I probably should look back through this blog to see if I commented on it at the time.

Just recently I saw my consultant doing a live Facebook webcast and I realized I had been putting off doing the style consult, because like usual, I'm always waiting till I'm skinny again.

Oh Annette...get a grip...skinny is, skinny isn't, it's just a body.  And what I like and who I am really isn't all that different no matter my size.  I've been skinny and I've been fat (oops, now) and the styles don't change terribly much.

The talk in my head does though.  I have this thought of what I "should be" now that I'm an "older woman" and more "mature."  Ha ha...if you know me, I'm so not mature.

So back to what I was talking about.  I saw the webcast and decided then and there to contact the consultant and make an appointment.  That appointment was yesterday.

I wore a shift dress I had finished sewing the day before.  I'm trying so hard to dress up and to be a lady and dress properly.  The dress had a medium to large floral print on it.  I wore it with slide on sandals and large tear drop silver earrings.  I looked okay, I never feel great in what I wear.

We were to bring a few items we love from our wardrobe and a few we don't like and perhaps don't know why.  I wadded them all up in an Aldi bag, along with a few onion peels and a receipt still in the bag.

That's about as put together as I get.

Linda, the Consultant, asked how I was getting along with my "colors" and I told her that I tried but that I felt I was struggling still.  One thing I noticed the entire time was how she listened to all the words I would say.

She commented that my nail polish wasn't a "Spring" and I said that I didn't like the spring colors on my nails, they weren't right.  Honestly, I keep trying, but corals and such don't "wow" me like a dark intense color does, or just something funky or sparkly.

Then she she plopped me in her color chair and flipped a drape over me, and we both said we liked it, then the next and both of us sort of sighed...it wasn't as good.  She went through a bunch and it was becoming clear to me that the slightly bluer shades were better.

When my colors were done before we decided I was a Spring, and in the House of Colours world what is called a Blue Spring.  It's basically the Clear Spring you'll see from other systems.  The blue range is best.

We're all still just a jumble of DNA, and colors are just a bit of a random mix in the bowl.

I will be going back soon as she thinks I was typed wrong, and that I might be what they call a Sprinter Winter.  Which is a Winter that looks like a Spring, versus the Spring that has some of the winter colors.

But I have hazel eyes, and golden freckles, and it is confusing.

One when I was having my foundation color matched at the Bare Minerals store, two of the employees were arguing over my color.  One was saying I was cool, since my undertone is cool, yet the other said I was warm as I had warm freckles.

I have always felt fairly neutral, able to lean either way.

Before we get into the styles though, I'll wait until we get the new color analysis done.  There is no need to focus on sewing new clothes if my colors aren't right.

Well, here's a little taste of the analysis information.  I don't have any other photos though.  I'll try to remember to take some when I get my colors redone....just for fun.




style_analysis

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to hear she is still working with you to get it right. I recall attending a beauty product gathering and they picked me to show color. Classic redhead Southlake skin and light freckles. They knowingly put me in green and there were jobs; then they put a cobalt drape on my shoulders and started to say it didn't look good but stopped when they caught me in profile...I can carry that off. Felt pretty powerful when the experts were getting it wrong. Best wishes on your journey to the fabulous you that you deserve. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete