Friday, April 17, 2009

Sparkles are a good thing

I do have a few things to show. I made a simple black skirt out of a very stable cotton/poly knit that I bought from Zoelees (www.zoelees.com) and also a purple crossover top from the same pattern

I added 3mm hotfix swarovski crystals at a 1/2" interval on the skirt. Now that's a lot of fun, though it sure can get expensive. I need to start ordering crystals online, just haven't done it yet. The top has 4mm crystals spaced at one inch.

New6470

sparkle_skirt

purple_top

The top is a bit low for me and just feels a little loose over the bust. I am afraid of falling out. I don't think tighter is the answer though, it's more a style issue. And I haven't figured out a top for the skirt yet.

Oh, and so no one thinks I'm totally weird and gaudy, trust me, crystalized garments are perfect for my two-stepping habit.

Here is a photo of some perfect coverstitching I did with my binder. I just had to immortalize it because you never know when it will happen again.
perfect_coverstitch

Nails of the Day was China Glaze Ruby Pumps and this was the most amazing color. Trust me, the photo doesn't do it justice at all. I couldn't help but watch it twinkle and sparkle in the sunlight.
chg_rubypumps

Last but not least, I've been whining a lot lately about letting my hair go natural, and I will now post a photo of my calico hair. I have about 1" left to cut off, and have an appointment for next week, but only about 1/2 that will be removed.
calico_hair

No comments:

Post a Comment