Thursday, September 10, 2009

Resizing a shirt is no fun

I so don't have the sewing mojo right now, but I decided to push through and re-do a shirt that had gotten to big.

I traced off a new Ottobre pattern from the 2-2007 issue in a size 42 this time. Originally I was using a 46 with a pretty decent FBA to cover the boobs and belly. This time I used the 42 straight out, but did add just a smidge at the waist area as I still have a belly to deal with.

Ugh, ripping out the coverstitches didn't go as nicely as I would have liked. And the photo below is pretty dark, but it will suffice. Here's the finished product and also a pic of it as my high weight, not a good photo though, it was from a KC Pinhead fitting party.



5 comments:

  1. You look fantastic! All your hard work is paying off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. my. goodness. Annette! You look so wonderful. Congratulations on the weight loss! I'm still struggling with mine, dangit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shirt looks great! Give yourself more credit - the shirt didn't get too big, you're getting smaller! You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lookin good. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete