Since I haven't gotten much sewing done, I thought I'd let you know what's up.
So first the bad news....I got ringworm, ugh. No clue where from of course, though it showed up shortly after getting the new puppy, who shows no sign of it. With her little short hairs it's really easy to see her skin. I also have 3 cats, one of whom has a tiny bald spot on her head. I assume it was from a little fight. I'm taking the cats in to get checked.
I'm on oral meds as I have some in my scalp. I'm now petrified of going bald in a couple areas. And from what I read, yes, it will happen. I already use rogaine, so maybe that will help.
I guess I can't really worry about it, it is what it is.
Good news is that I got a part-time job and I'm really enjoying it. I'm a cashier at a local grocery store. That's right, the big bucks are rolling in now.
But after getting use to things (and trust me, it's far from easy) it's going much better. I'm starting to be able to hold a little conversation at the same time, fix my mistakes, stuff like that.
BTW, be patient with your cashiers, they might be brand new like me. I know the numbers for bananas (4011,) peaches (4044,) and seedless watermelons (4032.) Wait...white grapes are 4022, and red I think are 4032, I might have to double check that one. I'm trying to learn them. Soybeans in the bin are 512.
I need to wear slacks and a tucked in buttoned shirt. I was going to sew some tops and ordered some fabrics from Fabric.com, but I ended up at the thrift shop and bought 4 white tops for $11. Sure can't beat that. I just need to give them all short sleeves.
One is a nice linen shirt. I starched it and wore it yesterday and actually had a complement on it. Now that's pretty cool.
Today I'm joining a friends' sewing group to talk about sewing bras. I'm going to bring the ones I've made along with a few books, patterns, fabrics and trimmings, and just let the conversation flow. We will also talk some about fitting a bra.
I'm not a pro at that but I have learned a lot from reading.
What I'm going to do is make a new post with some links to my favorite bra sites, and then invite the women to my blog to follow the links.
It should be a fun day.
Congratulations on your new job. Sounds like your doing great! I hate it when people are rude to a cashier, especially when its obvious that they are still in the learning-stage. I think of those people as very, very narrow-minded.
ReplyDeleteI hope you will recover soon from the ringworm. (It's not really a worm, right?)
Nah, it's a skin fungus...probably from being hot and sweaty this summer, kind of molding I guess.
ReplyDelete