Sunday, August 8, 2010

Gifted old fabric

Right now I'm washing usable fabric I was gifted, 3 large trash bags full. Most of it is not so good, but can be used as muslins. A few pieces are good but the colors are atrocious. And there is one lovely piece of wool. Alas, it all smells pretty old, having been stored for ages. So it's being washed and we'll see what' happens. Even the nice piece of wool is going in the machine, in hot water.

I finished my "blue bra" the other day. Once again, fit is good but it's still not perfect. This is the Pinup Girls pattern, in about a 35D. The fabric is less stretchy than the pink bra, and it actually is more difficult to work with. I have a bit of a "fold" thing when it's being worn.

What I'm finding is that a stretchier bra is so much more forgiving (and comfortable.) Luckily I've always preferred a soft cup bra, so I will continue in my endeavors.



I've started knitting a scarf. Here are my cables.


And I'm totally in love with this jacket, so it's going to be a goal for me to copy this fall.


And Penny is 11 weeks old today. She is growing like a weed.

3 comments:

  1. The goal jacket is very nice--where is it from? I like the darts/princess seams and the zipped pockets!

    Rose in SV

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bra looks fantastic...are you sure you didn't buy it? ;-}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any fabrics that would be good skirts or dresses to me?

    ReplyDelete