Wednesday, May 11, 2011

New Look 6735

I haven't done a PR review yet as I need to make this a 2nd time, without the alterations I started with (silly silly me.)

I decided to sew a size 12 then do the pivot/slide technique to add at the bust, waist and hips. The top fits well, just not as well as it might have had I left well enough alone.

Pivot/slide at the bust causes too much width for me right above the bust, at least in this fabric, which seems to be growing. It was an ITY I bought at Hancock's once.

So the plan for the next top is this, cut a size 12 above the bust, and a 14 at the bust and hips with a bit less of a waist curve than the pattern has. I also will do about a 1/2" forward shoulder.

The fabric could also use a bit of stablizing at the neckline seams I believe.




And here is top two of the KwikSew pattern I have shown in the post before this one. I sewed the top one size smaller than before, so I think it is a Small. It fits better. What I'd like to do is extend it to a dress length and wear it with a simple belt for summer.

4 comments:

  1. Such snazzy looking tops! You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your tops of gorgeous - I'm such a tops person. I've made the New Look pattern more times than I can count and still love it. I need to make it again real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That fits you really nicely through the shoulders and bust. Cute fabric, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annette! You look fabulous! Your tops look great! Glad to see you again!

    ReplyDelete