Once upon a time, in the far far past, I used to quilt. I loved quilting....it was what I did....it was my escape. Then my husband died, and I was lost, and I never quilted again. That's the short and sweet (not so sweet) story, and that was ages ago, over 15 years actually. This is the last quilt I did:
This is not a good photo at all. I took this before I even had a digital camera, so there is no detail at all. Let me describe it, because all sewers/quilters can relate to what was actually involved.
Many of the blue sky fabrics were actually dyed by hand, by me. The eagle is all done as hand applique, I used some awesome fabrics to get the tonal shades.
And I just realized in this photo you are missing all the mountains and lakes. I'll have to take a new photo.
It is also all quilted by hand. Most of my quilts were hand quilted, though I was quite good at machine quilting...or what was considered "good" at that time.
Today I'm blown away by the quality of work out there, but it is what it is.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So you might be wondering what I'm even posting about...ha ha..this new embroidery machine has got my creative wheels spinning again.
Like I said, I haven't quilted since my husband died, and that was in 1998, and that quilt above, was for him. So now what, I'm kind of interested in quilting on my new embroidery machine. I have a small quilt top already done, but I'm not ready to show it yet as it hasn't been finished. And now I have to find patterns. It's actually a lot easier to just plan hand quilting designs than working with what's already out there in machine embroidery designs, but I guess that's not the point now, is it?
So hopefully I'll be able to share a new project in a few days.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Garment sewing has kind of faded away for now. I do have plans on working on a new jacket out of a felted wool (it's in the machine right now) and I'd like to put some embroidery on it too...go figure.
So stay tuned.

I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your husband, that would have to be a life change event.
ReplyDeleteIts good to hear that you are at least entertaining the notion of doing something that you loved so much.
Yes, our attention does seem to go in cycles. Sometimes you just lose interest and its time to find another creative outlet.
I can't wait to see what you try next.