Thursday, August 24, 2017

I hate buttons

I've been sewing blouses lately and they all need a gazillion buttons and buttonholes.  I also had the two jeans jackets that needed buttons.  Finally the other day I went and bought the buttons I needed and spent yesterday doing the buttonholes and sewed all the buttons on with the machine too.  I will admit that I usually sew buttons on by hand.

Ignore the crummy photos from my phone, the messy sewing room....you know how it is.

Here are a few of the garments, with my disclosure statements:


This jeans jacket is Silhouette Patterns 900, Carols Jacket.  It's the same as the Zebra one from before (and I did get the buttons on it finally too.)  I did lengthen this one by 2 inches and I like it better.
red



The Classic Blouse from Silhouette Patterns.  Trust me, the pattern DOES line up across the bust, it just got wonky trying to take a selfie.
purple


Another Classic blouse, and I had a heck of a time with this rayon challis fabric.  As you can tell my matching got off.  I have more of the fabric, and I do like the print.  Perhaps with a solid blue front facing and band and inner collar it would look good.  I'm never too sure.
blue

I did sew up one more blouse, the photo wasn't too good.  And I've now started back to knits for winter tops.  I hope to be able to post more soon.

1 comment:

  1. A dark blue would be very slimming if you want to go that route

    ReplyDelete