But it wasn't until yesterday I decided to give it a go again. I've been having problems lately, I think it's hormonal, and my breasts have been tender and I have some tender lymph glands under my arms. I'll also admit that weight gain has settled under there, I probably have a lot of "sluggish lymph" as they say due to lack of exercise and all that stuff.
So my bras have been hurting, the underwires poking, and I've been uncomfortable.
I pulled out the very first bra pattern I ever did, the Queen Elite by Anne St. Claire of Needle Nook Fabrics. My local sewing group took a weekend roadtrip down there for a private bra sewing class many many years ago.
I retook my measurements EXACTLY as described in her book as her measuring system is different than others, and made my bra. Started it yesterday, finished this morning, sewed a second with a few alterations, and bam! I have 2 new bras.
Who gets so lucky?
I thought the changes to the second were minor, but the bra is noticeably a bit smaller. It fits well, but I want the looser feel right now due to tenderness.
Next I'll have to make something a little prettier.

Oh nice. Great fit! And who doesn't need a tonne of those plain bras but looking forward to seeing more fancy ones too.
ReplyDeleteOh WOW! The bras look fabulous! You are inspirational, thankyou.��
ReplyDelete