Each year I say I'm not really into resolutions, yet I do always spend a little time thinking about it and reflecting upon the year just past.
I am setting some fun and also practical resolutions for myself for the coming year. I need a better year than last. I had surgery right at the end of 2016, and I don't remember Christmas or New Years. It was smothered by pain pills. A month later we had a major family issue in our home and that made life hard, but bearable, we do what we need at the time. But I also become very sick with pneumonia, and was truly sick for 3 months. Healing from the surgery took a long time and the family issue continued. Things settled with time. We had scheduled remodeling, which is hard with 2 large dogs, I was home with them the entire time. Then a storm in the summer caused moderate damage to our house, which just now was finished being repaired. Once again, I had to deal with contractors and dogs.
On the positive side, I got a lot of sewing done, and I enjoy my sewing so much. I finally also felt like my health was coming back, and just recently started a healthier diet again and working out more at the gym.
So I'm seeing 2018 being full of good things for me.
Resolutions for 2018
- Sewing - I've joined the Goodbye Valentino RTW Fast (more about that later.)
- Time to myself - Besides sewing, I need to knit more. Me time is very special to me.
- Read - I don't read enough real books
- Nutrition - Continue to focus on my low carb and keto diet plans, work with my Naturapath
- Fitness - Continue working with the trainer at the gym, more walking, etc
- Home - Do the work and repairs and updates that need doing
- Peace - Find more and more and more to declutter
- Blog - Perhaps I should work on this a bit more
Obviously, these are major changes, they are things I do already in my life. They don't focus on anyone but myself, but of course the other people in my life are important too.

No comments:
Post a Comment