Since a goal is to go to the gym regularly, having gym clothes is a must. What I don't have is a decent jacket to wear to the gym, and we all know how much they can cost.
I signed up to participate in the Goodbye Valentino RTW Fast 2018, so a jacket needed to be sewn.
If you are a garment sewer, chances are you've already heard of this. Basically you just sew all your clothes for a year. Bras, undies and socks can be purchased. I can also sew my own bras and undies. I don't remember the last time I purchased a real item new, so I figured I'd give it a go.
Okay, back to the jacket. It's Silhouette Patterns #927, Leslie's Bomber Jacket, which I've already made twice before. I did make a few changes such as skipping the bottom band and cuffs (don't forget to lengthen) and no pockets.
Fleece is a bitch to sew, but I did well enough. The jacket's a bit too large as I've already lost weight since my bomber jackets. Whatever....I'll wear it and it will serve it's purpose.





The jacket is very flattering, and looks so useful! I love it!
ReplyDeleteI love the pattern. The seams in the front/back make it seemed very fitted and looks great on you.
ReplyDeleteI think you just sold me on this pattern.
ReplyDeleteI love your jacket, Annette! The color is just beautiful. I like my workout jackets big - more room for layers when needed. I like your New Years reflections, too.
ReplyDelete