Monday, February 19, 2018

Started some Spring sewing

Not that the weather has gotten any warmer yet, but my clothes are definitely getting a bit looser.  Yea me!  So I decided a few new quick and easy t-shirts were in order.

I used my Silhouette Patterns Sweater Set pattern in a 4D to make a new muslin (actually the black shirt was my muslin, and it was perfect).  On the 2nd shirts I shortened just a bit above the bust, and also on the sleeve.  I raised the underarm also about 1/2" just to fix the shape a bit for my body.

I just drew a slightly lower neckline with a "sorta" V, and raised the back neckline a bit too.  The shirt is about 2 inches longer than the pattern.

n1

n2

n3

I also resized the Classic Blouse Pattern using a straight size 4D and made a cute blouse, and then made another.

black

pinkKnit

I also worked on a Lutterloh top, a woven tank, and this will be a great top for summer and I'll be making a few more (rayon challis will be perfect.)

top

Obviously I wasn't planning on posting these items as the photos aren't the best, just taken with my cell and a mirror.  But it's a great way for me to remember what I've made.

2 comments:

  1. Annette, I really appreciate all your use and reviews of Silhouette patterns — and your success in fitting them. I am still holding off in cutting a bomber jacket because of tight back and sleeve problems. I wonder if Peggy is ever discouraged by how rarely her patterns are featured on PatternReview. I love you the arm openings fit on the sleeveless top in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That should be “I love how...”

    ReplyDelete