Monday, February 19, 2018

The Dark Side

Some of my friends worry that I might be moving over to the Dark Side when they hear I'm working on a quilt project.  I tell them to relax, it's just a way for me to keep busy when I really don't need to be sewing any clothes for myself...I just need to sew.

Awhile back I made that cute quilt top out of the batiks, but the top has been lying on a bed for some time now.  I'm so out of practice with quilting I just don't know where to begin.

Then the other day I saw reference to a freebie online challenge on free motion quilting, and I immediately signed up and got my practice quilt top finished.

And just a few minutes ago I finished up the pin-basting part, that is so darn painful.

I've been enjoying watching videos with the lovely lady who is leading the challenge, her name is Angela Walters, and she has some Classes, books and just seems like such a fun person.  And she even has a quilt shop not too far from where I live...so you know I'll be taking a trip up soon and having lunch with Melody and Judith (heck, that's what we do.)

Here's the quilt top, it's sock monkeys...how cute is that!

monkeys

monkeyspins

No comments:

Post a Comment