Monday, August 6, 2018

Bra Sewing - Pattern by BravoBella

My serger has been in at the spa (I need to go pick it up) and while it was gone I decided to work on bra sewing as I don't use a serger for that.

Last summer I was working with the BravoBella#2 pattern but didn't get much farther than my practice bras.  I made a new practice bra which turned out 2 cup sizes too small based on my measurements.  Bras are like that, our fat is distributed in different way and you can't just expect one to fit.

So I made my one that didn't fit, then I made another one, just plain using the recommended fabrics.  I've made 4 more since and they all fit well.  The ITY print one is a bit wonky over the bust point.  I knew the fabrics would be thicker, I was kind of thinking "sports bra" and with 3 layers I thought I might need a smidge more size, so I cut the pieces just a tiny bit bigger.  That was a mistake as it just got bunchy.  I did a smaller band though and it fits well.

Here are a few photos, if you want to see more you can follow one to the flickr album.

outside

BravoBella (1)

bra4

1 comment: