So the challenge has been made to update our blogs. I see I haven't posted in 3 years, there's no way I can get caught up, so I'm just going to start from where I am. One good thing about a sewing blog is that it's a great way to track what I've done, for myself. I have no interest in teaching techniques, or giving my great advice on fashion or style, I just like to know what I've done. And since I've also gotten lazy doing reviews on Pattern Review, perhaps I'll start to do a few of those again too.
My most recent project is this little linen jacket to get me started for Fall. I really have a lot of summer clothes made, and I figured I'll start in on a bit of a seasonal crossover type of wardrobe. Okay, that is basically a bunch of bull, I'm just sewing to keep busy.
The pattern is a size 4D, with an upper rounded back, sway back and larger bust "dart" taken, in the princess seam. I also lengthened this 2". I skipped the pockets since I didn't want them to show through in the linen.
I do think it's important to remember that this specific pattern is a BLOUSE pattern, even though it says jacket. It is part of the blouse line up in Silhouette patterns, the sleeve is a blouse sleeve, the entire top is a blouse. You can make a jacket out of any pattern I guess, it's just what you want at that time, and fabric is Queen!
And I do think I'll make it again, as a regular old blouse.

No comments:
Post a Comment