Oh yes, so it's been awhile. I pop into PatternReview occasionally, and recently wrote a short review on a jacket pattern. And the next contest seems right up my alley, Endless Wardrobe, sew an item, then sew another to match the first, rinse and repeat.
I've decided to do it, and to write a bit about it on here. I probably won't get back to this whole blogging thing, and I really don't like review writing anymore, and I sew ALL the time and everything I wear, AND.....I do miss know what I did when and with what pattern, size, etc. So we'll see what happens.
Also I've set a challenge to make each item be out of a "new to me" pattern. I have the most recent set of 4 Fall patterns from Silhouette Patterns, so will be working on those. My first item though is an old Silhouette Pattern, called Betsy's jacket. I have a nice wool/poly blend from FabricMart, bought especially for a jacket for this fall. I have lining fabric already.
I'm interfacing each of the body pieces as I go. So, something I've learned recently is that my steam press definitely SHRINKS the fabric and or interfacing, no matter what. I also have a gravity feed iron, it doesn't shrink it, but the steam press does. I'm being a good seamstress and pre-interfacing each section before cutting out. Plus the fabric has a small plaid on it, so I will sort of try to match up the horizontal stripe. I will not stress over perfection.
Thursday, October 2, 2025
So how many years now?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment