Today I downloaded the No Show Brief from Greenstyles and gave it a whirl. For my first pair I cut out a size G with the full tummy adjustment and made it up and was pleasantly surprised. After wearing them a bit, the belly was rolling down under my own belly, which is definitely on the large size, and so I cut if off. I used a nylon spandex in black, something that I would have made exercise leggings out of, but it wasn't too thick.
I went on to version 2 using "second skin," a thin nylon spandex. You need to use a fabric that doesn't roll, so ITY doesn't really work. I did the regular high waist and added the waistband.
Version 3 went back to the full tummy adjustment with a waistband, it sits to my belly button, maybe 1/2" higher. I'm still large at that area, not getting smaller for a couple more inches up. I also made the crotch and gusset much wider, the width of the larger size, plus a smidge more. I cut the very front thigh about 1/2" higher, but I don't know if that really makes much difference as the fabric just rolls under right there to fit nicely in the thigh crease.
I'm still not sure about putting it all together, I feel like it could be easier, but mine looks pretty darn good. I learned to fold under the front/back pieces where they go into the gusset, to help the fabric rolls under a bit. The front looks great, the back still isn't perfect, but no one is looking that closely at my bottom, I hope.

Looks like many different colors, but it's not. Here you can see how high the front is and that there is no elastic on the legs.

I zigzagged the front of the gusset down at the end, and you can see how I folded the fabric about 1/4" into the seam.

This is where I don't like how it looks, so I will work on it and see if I can make it better. It looks better below, on the inside.


No comments:
Post a Comment