Monday, September 27, 2010

It's Fall...time to sew up some wool

My sewing schedule is so tight these days, and I prefer sewing in super long chunks of time as opposed to a half hour here or there.

But what to sew is always difficult. I really have more than enough fabric at this time. I have more than enough patterns too. I'm not saying I won't buy more here or there, but the stash is big enough.

I have decided to use today and the next two days sewing a jacket pattern that fit me quite well when I made it last year. I had a few issues, namely that the wool had a bit of spandex in it, and then when I fused it (the front portions) is wanted to unstretch from the interfacing.

The jacket is Burda 7934


My finished jacket


And the fushia lambswool on the bottom of the pile is the one I'm using.


Here's the review I wrote up at Pattern Review.

Hopefully I'll be done in these few days' time. I need to get interfacing and a zipper for the front. I should have enough wool to whip up a simple pencil skirt for my daughter in NYC also. Won't she be surprised? Well, not if she reads this.

No comments:

Post a Comment