Wednesday, September 15, 2010

KwikSew 3784...again

I have been so darn busy lately that sewing is totally on the back burner. Today though, I actually had time and whipped up a quick sleeveless top to wear dancing. The good thing about "dance" tops is that they don't have to be perfect, as I wear them in a dark environment.

I've sewn this pattern now three times I think. Twice I've posted photos with the ruffle (one in blue/white and one in the orange/pink/white knits.) I also made up a top in solid red. Oh, I did one in a black/white snake print with red piped elastic at the neck and sleeves.

Today I did it in a polyester print I have.

Photo of the pattern, which to me is obviously a TNT.


I have raised the neckline a good 1"+ and without the ruffle skip the center front seam. The armhole fits nicely.

So now I have this TNT and I really want to start working with it. I have other KwikSew patterns that I can compare it with as far as different styles go.

Other things happening lately is that I visited my daughter Michelle in NYC, but didn't do any real fabric shopping. I did get some powernet for bras, but we were so busy being tourists that fabric wasn't that important.

Plus I recently got a part time job that is working me close to full time. So I'm very busy and very tired.

As far as sewing goes, I'd like to make more simple tank tops for dancing...or maybe add short sleeves to the pattern too.

3 comments:

  1. I like the style lines of the top and look forward to your version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm tired from a long "3-legged" flight, but I can't figure out what TNT is here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Clicked over from Shannon's blog to see your V-girl. Loved the sewing stuff. Adding you to my reader.

    Love this little top. and the bras. Thanks for sharing - gMarie

    ReplyDelete