Friday, October 1, 2010

I've been sick

Gosh, how annoying can this be? So I started a new job recently as a cashier at a local grocery store, and I've already had my 2nd cold.

I'm surviving, but it sucks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To sewing....how stupid can I be? Super stupid I guess. This jacket was what I would have "guessed" was a TNT. So I went ahead, sewed up the princess seams and top-stitched.

Oh...I didn't have top-stitching thread so I used regular thread in a triple-stitch.

Oh darn, forgot to just baste and check the fit.

Looks like I was able to eek out a bit of fit through the side seams.

I get frustrated when I forget simple stuff...like double checking the fit by BASTING.

It looks like it will fit though.

Give me another week to finish up, it's not going as quickly as I had imagined.

3 comments:

  1. This is just a thing that would happen to me! I hope your jacket turns out fine in the end.
    And as for your colds. My first thought would be that you are touching something the whole day that numerous of other people have touched, namely coins and paper money. Maybe that could be a reason? Hope your next cold stays well away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Triple stitch topstitching is so beautiful, but there is no taking it out!! I hope you can make it work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This might not be the right time to ask you, and it might be a bit off topic (but the question is prompted by your "triple top stitch'!) but I have been dropping by your blog for a while and I love what you do, and you sew such a wide ranges of garments and fabrics. So I was wondering what machine you use and whether you would recommend it? I am in the market for a new one and I am so unsure. You sew a lot of knits too. Do you use a serger or is your regular machine enough?

    Hatty

    ReplyDelete