Friday, December 27, 2013

SWAP 2014

I honestly think clothes are one of my biggest challenges.  It's pretty silly actually, shouldn't one just go to the store and buy an outfit?  I never do, I just buy (or sew) totally willy nilly.  If it grabs my attention I might buy it, and if it sparkles I'm definitely more likely to buy it...or not.

Seriously, I struggle with clothes.  I'm cheap and don't like to spend money, at least not on clothes.

As the new year approaches I'm seeing a lot of challenges online to not buy clothes in 2014, or only sew your clothes, etc.  I decided I'm not going to be quite so hardcore, so instead I'm joining a SWAP to sew 11 garments before the end of April.

I do think I can complete them all.  I even have plans to knit a little cardigan, or I will sew up one instead. That's where the planning all comes into play.

\
You'll probably have to click this to see better, but here is the preliminary plan.

The first combination is a gree jeans-style jacket with a black top and white capris.

Next is a pair of midnight blue tropical wool slacks with two tops that match.

The third combination is a wool/rayon boucle jacket, knit cowl sleeveless top, and an olive/khaki jeans style skirt.

The two wild-cards are a denim dress and the knit (or sewn cardi.)

If you know me, you know I don't wear skirts, so I thought it would be good to challenge myself to do it occasionally.

Now to start sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment