I'm not one to wear pants like these in place of slacks. They really would be my lounging and/or (lol) exercise pants.
And here is the Giorgio top on me. As I looked through all the photos (this is the only one I don't look dorkish in) I'm thinking it's too big and I will definitely try the smaller size next.
I'm not sure what I'm going to work on next. I really do want to work on the regular slacks now. I'd still like to perfect the yoga pants pattern and do another one of these tops. I've purchased a lot of new patterns lately, just no new fabric. I really want to try to use some of what I have, get it gone, work on my skill...and then....really enjoy fabric shopping.
And I have to not worry about my sizes and just sew for me NOW. I'm very guilty of sewing stagnation due to my weight, as I'm up and down a lot. I just want to have fun while I sew.
love the top fabric and the pants fit - very nice look together! I also agree the top would be more flattering in a smaller size - it needs to be snug across the upper bust and under the arm to flatter the shape. It very forgivingly hides my midriff fluff that way, then flares nicely to give an hour-glassy shape overall.
ReplyDelete