Thursday, July 22, 2010

So darn busy

This little puppy is exhausting, but she's oh so cute.


It's not so easy to plop myself in my sewing room for hours on end, sewing and watching Netflix (I'm going through the old X-Files episodes.) But I have gotten some sewing done. I did another bra for myself and it fits pretty well. I still prefer a bit more coverage, so it's a process of continually tweaking a pattern.

I've learned that I prefer a 1" strap as this one is too narrow. I need a bit more coverage up near the underarm area to hold in my extra "plumpage." This band is a 36, the 34's seem a tad tight, so now I'm going to make a 35. Gotta love the customization part of it.

I've decided to take up some knitting. Now I'm not a great knitter, but I have a bit of a built in knowledge as my mother grew up in Germany where all little girls were expected to knit and such. She learned as a child and insisted I learn as a child. Oh how I hated it as it was so difficult, but I'm quite capable today. So I can figure out basic patterns and the internet is great for teaching new techniques.

I've ordered a few books from Amazon and they should be here soon. I started on a slipper pattern I bought and made up a pair the weekend we went to the dance workshop. But I had some errors and they weren't "perfect." I've started another pair.

I have to not let myself get carried away, buying yarn is as fun as fabric.

Here's the start of my slipper with a lovely bag my mother made me, perfect for a knitting project.


And I got a lovely selection of grab bag goodies from Fay's Fabrics. I was so excited by all the goodies and plan on ordering a few more grab bags since I'm so happy.

My daughter and step-daughter were already happily picking out the supplies for their new bras.

And just because I can't resist, more puppy pictures.


1 comment: