The pattern we chose to start with is KwikSew 3300. It is a young stylish design with the vertical seaming. I'm still reading about the different seaming in "The Bra-makers Manual." There is so much to learn.

I measured her as instructed (and it's the same in the book mentioned above) which would have put her at a 36C. She said she buys 32DD's sometimes 32D. The cup size is equivalent, so I traced out the 32D cup and we went for it. The cup seemed to fit okay when we held it over her bust.
I sewed up the entire bra in 32D except for attaching straps, and when she tried it on, the center front piece was too wide for her bust. Darn, so since it was supposed to be a muslin (ha ha) I cut it in half, took out as much as I could, sewed it back together, then covered the seam.
Here's the original bra before redoing the center front section:

And afterwards (when I do it again, I will have the underwires almost touching):


This is the final bra with the straps attached. I don't have any rings or sliders, and a personalized bra doesn't actually need them. The only issue I'm having is that the fashion fabric lining the lower cup is actually stretching out more than the lining fabric, so I'm getting a bit of bunching. I'll have to work on that issue. The top cup is lined in the same fabric, which is a very stretchy ITY. I thought the stretchy fabric would be good for Kaylyn as her breasts are noticeably different sized (to her at least.) She doesn't need to worry about support at this time.

And for the puppy photos for today:

No comments:
Post a Comment