Friday, October 22, 2010

Fushia Lambswool Jacket Complete (well almost)

The jacket is done except that I think the sleeve lining is sewn a tad too short and is pulling up on the sleeve. How in the world does stuff like that happen? Luckily it's an easy fix as I sewed the lining down by hand (only on the sleeve, easier than that twisting turning inside out and upside down technique.) So I'll fix that as soon as I can.

Here's a photo on the super tiny dress form (hence folds and such.)


And just because people are nosy (I know I am) photos of some of the interior workings.




The sewing expo was fun, I just kind of glide through it these days since it's so much quilting and embroidery and embellishment. I hit the sewing booths, see what they have and go on by.

I bought some fabric at the Vogue booth, all knits, and the "One Seam Pants Pattern." Bought 2 patterns at Hancock (after seeing them in the fashion show.) Watched the fashion show, bought 4 patterns from Pegger Sagers, love the show and her commentating, had a good chat with her later. Then bought a solid wood sleeve board, and that totally made my day. Took myself out to lunch on the way home, and sewed some in the afternoon.

Decided if I'm going to sew that I have to find a way to work it into my now much busier schedule. I miss sewing. I have to clean and organize, decide some patterns/fabrics in advance, and just do it.

I really need to sew a few new bras too.

2 comments:

  1. Love that purple. That is going to be a great jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so perfect! cozy, warm for winter, but bright and cheery at the same time. I admit that I am nosy and I love seeing the innards of people's sewing. Very well done and professional!

    ReplyDelete