Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Jacket photo and bra sewing photos

I wish I had the talent (or the desire) to do lovely wonderful technique posts...but alas, I don't. I take pictures then look at them afterwards and say to myself "who cares?" Yet I enjoy looking at the photos (and descriptions) that others post.

Okay, so it's not really my thing. But it is fun to see the close-up photos, so I will work on taking those, and I will try to take some photos of the "innards" also.

But for tonight I have a photo of the Fushia Lambswool jacket I finished. I wore it out tonight and had a quick photo taken first. Why is it that you put a garment on that you've sewn, and it fits well and you feel good wearing it, and then you see the photo and you go UGH!!!

The jacket feels good, okay, so it's a bit snug over the abdomen, I obviously don't have it zipped up, so who cares, or who knows. I'm just not happy with the photo. The other photo I had showed the jacket in a nicer view, but I looked like the wicked witch, which though appropriate for the Halloween season, doesn't make me happy to look at on a day to day basis.


I did the 2nd PinUp Girls bra today with minor alterations. Yesterday I did a straight 36E, today I did a 37E, added a bit at the CF cup, took a tiny bit out of the CF band and a few slight tucks in the cup. Adding the 1" under the arm was a good idea, but the other alterations didn't really help anything and there is a very small gaping at the front cup now.

I've decided that it's due to the underwires being a size too small (narrow) and I will order a bunch of new ones.

The photos I have are just close ups of techniques, so you can be nosy like I am.

This photo is the cup seam after it is top stitched and now being trimmed. Plus you can see that I'm trying to grow my nails out (it looks longer in this photo than in real life.) The color is OPI Catherine the Grape, a great plum color for fall, plus it matches my fushia jacket...lol.


Here you can see the top stitching on the cups and the cups sewn to the band. The channeling has been sewn on and the 1st row of top stitching done. The channeling does not need 2 rows of top stitching, but it is often done this way.


Here I am doing a small zigzag stitch on the elastic ruffle that is the décolletage trim. It gets folded back and zigzagged on from the top to finish the edge.


Here's the area I was sewing in, along with a good horror movie on Netflix. Oh, the movie was "The Haunting in Connecticut" if you are interested.

2 comments:

  1. Where did you purchase your pattern and kit? The jacket looks nice on you by the way.

    CarlaF-in Atlanta

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that jacket!!! Purple is the best!

    ReplyDelete