Sunday, March 23, 2014

Dressing Your Truth - I'm Going For IT!

I have such a constant struggle with clothes and colors and such.  I have decided to follow the guidelines of the "Dressing Your Truth" system.  I have purchased the program.  I watched the initial videos. I chose my type.  And  now I have absolutely NOTHING to wear.

This is going to be a long journey I think.

I am a definite Type 3, that is something I'm confident in, but have been trying to live as a Type 2 (which I think might be a secondary type for me, I'm not sure, and honestly I don't care right now.)  I'm absolutely not a Type 1, it makes me cringe in horror to think of such a thing, and Type 4 scares me.

One of the lessons said to take a photo of your closet and a photo of yourself right now.  I have lots of photos of myself, I'm not afraid to take a photo of how I look at anytime, yet I do know some are not my best.

As far as the closet goes, eek.  I have the tiniest closet around, it's about 4 feet wide, if even.  The house is big so there's more than enough room for my stuff.  Things will hang in the laundry area, there's an extra closet in my son's room that has extra stuff of mine, and a giant walk-in upstairs for more clothes.

 Most the time, none of what I have at anyone time fits me.  I gain and lose weight so often, and of course when I lose weight, I get rid of the big clothes...then I gain again, and have nothing to wear.  So I find a few things to get me by...which is often from the thrift shop.  I have no problems with the thrift shop, and I also shop at Macy's for my main department store.

Okay, the closet.




I see blacks, greys, muted, blues, some pops of color.  My shoe selection sucks big time.  I have feet that hurt a lot, and I wear my Danskos or Boc style shoes.

I guess the goal is to see the closet change over the next few months.  In a month I'll try to remember to take a new photo of the closet and see where I am.  Hopefully ALL the clothes I'm not currently wearing will be out of it. I won't be able to get rid of it all from the start or I'll be going around naked in public.

So that's it on the clothes front for right now.

3 comments:

  1. I am a type 2 knitter and sewer too. I am pretty new to DYT, it's been 2 months now. You are an awesome sewer! I just learned to knit, then I tried continental, and wow, it's so fun and fast. I want to knit a poncho, drapery and downward movement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the wonderful world of knitting, Murielle. I enjoy it so much, and am always excited to start a new project. This DYT stuff will be fun too, once I figure it all out.

      Delete
  2. Hi! I came to your blog through your DYT introduction. I've only just begun yesterday, and I'm a type 2, although in my blog photo I'm wearing Type 4 black and red. It's been a lot of fun so far and I'm really enjoying the process and all the videos, although I haven't sorted through my closet yet - that will be more difficult!, It's nice to meet another blogger through DYT.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete