Monday, March 17, 2014

Top from Silhouette Patterns, Sweater Set

I really have to learn to buy prettier fabrics.  I'm drawn to bright, wild and colorful, and then I feel like a clown when I wear them.  I promise to work on it.

I did the top from Silhouette Patterns #195, Sweater Set.

I pretty much did a straight size 4, and added 1/2" to each side seam (so a total of 2").  After I was done I realized I had not put the center front on the correct fold line, so the front was 1" too big.  I also ended up taking it in a little from the underarm and the bust.  I obviously made 3/4 sleeves which I prefer.

I'm really happy with how the french dart fits.  I've never made one before and didn't know what to expect.  My first try was wrong, and I tried doing it differently, and that made it worse.  I then went back to the original dart placement, and extended it up higher, about 1.25" inches higher and it was perfect.

I will definitely keep using this pattern, and learn how to use it with other Silhouette Patterns for tops.

1 comment: