Don't ask how I did it, but the jacket totally doesn't fit. I'm so stupid at times when I sew and forget to change certain things. It will fit if/when I ever get skinny again. It looks awesome though.
It's from Silhouette Patterns, Robyn's Jacket:
http://www.silhouettepatterns.com/html/patterns/p_1750.htm
I did the embroidery on the two front pieces before cutting out (I chalked the shaped and placed them carefully) and the sleeves were done after sewing the first seam.
The embroidery was from Embroidery Library, and I did it all in black.
The fabric is a lovely wool that I tossed in the machine and dried, 2 times, to felt it a bit. The bias binding is also the same fabric, and the shoulder pads are covered with the grey wool too.
I would prefer to make lined jackets instead of unlined as the amount of work is almost the same.
And how do you like my new ironing board cover? It will definitely make me happy.
Such a shame you cannot wear it, because it's gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteI just have to lose weight...or make a new one. Which one is easier...lol
ReplyDeleteYour jacket is so beautiful! And that ironing board cover is a beautiful reminder that spring really WILL come, despite all the snow. That helps me when trying to lose weight... longer days mean I can walk outdoors after work without icy sidewalks (well, maybe once again NEXT week!) Hope you can wear it or find a beloved friend or relative who needs a gift. I try so hard to remember each garment is a learning experience, even when I can't wear it...
ReplyDelete