Saturday, November 7, 2015

Finished Tops from Supplement 294, Item 143, August 2014

Okay, so here we go with two finished shirts from the same pattern.  Both of them are made from a heavier weight knit, stuff from my stash, all polyester I'm guessing.  The lighter gray one is a softer fabric, the darker gray has metallic threads throughout.

Comparing it to the shirt I followed the approximate measurements off of, the fabric weight is different enough that I do think the armhole could have been a bit deeper, maybe 1/2".

Honestly, they are fine.  This is the one part of sewing that pisses me off.  We expect something to fit us perfectly, yet we wouldn't think twice buying something that fits us less well.  It fits over my bust and my waist and my hips.  Unless I put in a bust dart I will have a fold of fabric at the bust, it's the nature of the beast.

I'm really pleased with the shape of the neckline, and I prefer 3/4 length sleeves to long sleeves any day.  I have super short arms and sleeves tend to be much too long.





2 comments:

  1. Did you say the nature of the beast, or the nature of the breast? :-) Rosemary, NZ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny. I actually had to see if I made a mistake.

      Delete