There's really no way to know how any pattern is going to fit. All we can do is look at the photo, line drawing and measurement for clues. Most of all, we have to know how we like a garment to fit and go from there.
Let's look at each of the 4 t-shirts for clues:
Top 1 (Aug 2015, Supp 298, Item 238) shows the figure for slim fit. It means it is especially good for a smaller shape, small bust, more petite person. I'm not petite, but I am small in my upper chest, so I figured I give it a go. Plus I liked the neckline. The line drawing, which I haven't included, shows no folds, so it implies to me that it is fitted at the waist. The sleeves are quite short.
Top 2 (August 2015, Supp 298, Item 208) does appear to have a looser fit and the line drawing does show a slight fold at the waist, implying looser fit. The sleeves are don't appear to be as tight. The neckline is high. The long sleeve version looks nice too (hint to self.)
Top 3 (August 2014, Supp 294, Item 143) looks real similar to Top 2 though the neckline is higher, and the sleeves a bit shorter. The line drawing implies nothing special. I really can't tell many differences at this point between any of them.
Top 4 (February 2014, Supp 296, Item 181) also has a very high neckline, and shorter cap sleeves, more like Top 1. The line drawing implies nothing, lit looks as fitted (or not) as the other tops.
So here you go, four t-shirts that all look very similar. Maybe other Lutterloh afficianados can tell more difference than I can. If so, please let me know.
Necklines didn't interest me too much. In fact, I kind of think the high jewel neckline is done on perhaps to allow the seamstress to create her own neckline.
In the next post I'll start the measurement comparisons.




Annette -- this is an interesting exercise. I look forward to hearing about measurement differences in the drawn out patterns.
ReplyDelete