My last few posts were about Lutterloh patterns, and this one is going to be also. I find it reassuring that I still have interest in that direction. My problem is having interests in all sorts of directions, and sometimes it's hard to focus.
I was starting to work on my first coat, but I'm still waiting on my interfacing to arrive, so that was put off to work on a little Lutterloh t-shirt challenge put on by COME SEW LUTTERLOH WITH ME. This is seriously the best blog I've found so far about the patterns, learning to use them, and motivation (that and the Lutterloh thread on Pattern Review.)
I decided to take it as a challenge to find MY t-shirt pattern and picked out 4 patterns, all which look about the same in the drawings. I drew out each of the patterns using the exact same body measurements, 100 cm bust, 110 cm hip.
Then the comparison began.
It wasn't until each pattern was drawn out that I could tell what all the difference were. And the basis of my experiment is telling me that patterns are different, a pattern that fits one person well won't necessarily fit the next person properly, we are all shaped differently, it's not only about size.
Here are the 4 tops, all are from current supplements:
Top 1 - August 2015, Supplement 298, item 238 (note the slim figure)
Top 2 - August 2015, Supplement 298, item 208
Top 3 - August 2014, Supplement 294, item 143
Top 4 - February 2015, Supplement 296, item 181
The next post will start on my findings (lots of measurements).




I like the two tops you reviewed on PR. I have the Lutterloh system and have made one or two tops from the supplements. It is a fun drafting process, like a game of connect the dots and see what it reveals.
ReplyDelete