Thursday, May 28, 2009

Making pants fit

So I posted photos of the fitting the KC Pinheads are working on, the pants that just weren't fitting right. The other day I decided to watch the PalmerPletsch pants fitting video, and that got me motivated to try that method.

I'm at what I think is a decent fitting tissue, I just haven't gone farther.

The pattern I'm using for the Palmer Pletsch method is McCalls 5672. I bought it for the cute dress/tunic, but I haven't even started on that.

What I've realized is that so many of the patterns I buy have pants included, and at $0.99 a pattern, heck, I'm going to start cutting them up and experimenting.



But today's plan is to go back and attempt the Cynthia Guffey method again. I will bring my first horrid muslin to our Saturday fitting party, and hopefully a better fitting one.

My plan on my second attempt is to use a 1" longer crotch depth, and not allow for ease in the crotch. Don't ask me why...it's just my plan.

For this attempt I'm using the pants from yet another pattern I have around, the tunic looked horrid on me, and I was about to toss it. I'm finally getting smart....save patterns for awhile at least.

It's Vogue 8503


I'll try to be good and take pics as I work, and of my muslins. Even though it's so embarrassing to be seen in such a state of disarray. I just want it to be perfect.

And today's nails are Essie Click it or ticket. All was good till I messed up the thumb in the shower, so I did my first nail art.

1 comment:

  1. I was peeking at your pattern reviews on PR, I love, love your capris. I am sew inspired to sew for myself now.....I need to uncover my cutting table and get cutting and sewing. Thanks--love your blog and love your nails. :)

    I need to learn how to be a follower~~

    ReplyDelete