Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Just some comments and thank yous

I'm starting to realize how important the feedback is when writing a blog, so thank you very much for the comments you all make.

Becki seems to have a similar fitting issue, so I'm going to go through her blog a bit and see what types of garments have been successful.

KID thought I might be frustrated from the time involved. Actually, that's the part of sewing I really enjoy. I love the paper part, the drawing and tracing and figuring out stuff. Plus I have time so that's not really an issue. I just get frustrated that I don't do something about my weight.

And Nancy suggested trying on dresses. That's the hardest part as dresses are the one thing I can't purchase easily. I can buy pants, jeans and tops, but dresses...ugh. But I will give it another try, bring along my camera, and see what I come up with. I'll see if I can get my daughter to come along, bring a bunch of clothespins (to pin the back smaller) and be brave.

So after sleeping on it a bit, I think I might still continue with the pattern. I will take out the back darts, and that will give me a bit more room. Plus, the dress is designed to be tied closed. The pattern allows for 8 inches of ease at the waist.

Yup, I'm just going to go for it.

2 comments:

  1. Aaah, body frustration as opposed to sewing frustration. I think we can all sympathize with you there! I need to find that mindset that enjoys the paper process. It's the part that slows me down the most - tracing and altering and fitting and hoping...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could come visit me in new york and try on dresses here?!

    ReplyDelete