I sewed up bra #2 and #3 from the same kit, tiny differences were made, but for the most part they all fit about the same. I was feeling a bit cocky, did up bra #4 in the fashion kit I bought and it turned out much too small.
Darn pride was wiped right away.
Oh, well. I'm out of stuff to work with but will be back in Wichita next Friday for a shopping trip (going to a country dance weekend workshop.)
I keep looking at other books and patterns and stuff online, then I close down the pages. I have a tendency to go overboard when I'm interested in something new. I do want to place some orders, but this can get expensive.
Of course sewing can be expensive.
I'd sure like to get to the point where I can make these bras so the seams don't show and put in some pretty detailing. I'm totally comfortable sewing the parts together, the channeling, the elastic and hooks and such.
Now for the pretty parts.
Okay, time to go shopping.
Wow...I really want to try out some lingerie one day. I'm a little scared it's beyond me at the moment though.
ReplyDeleteYou've inspired me to get out my bra making supplies and get busy! I think I'll place an order for a kit or 2 and work until I have the perfect fit. I sure wish I could take a class without having to fly somewhere to do it! Lucky you. :)
ReplyDeleteI hear you on that! I love making bras and lingerie and I've racked up quite a stash of patterns and fabrics! It's just so darn addictive!
ReplyDelete