Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sundress kick

Awesomely nice comments on my last post. Thanks to all.

I did okay, to say the least. Not 100% perfect, but that is yet to be remedied.

You might wonder how I did without the muslin, well, honestly the sizing was pretty much on the mark. The V at the bust was a bit lower than I'd prefer, and the bust gathers are a bit "not totally right" but it's no big deal. I did realize I need to wear a slip (I should have just lined the dress.)

Here's the finished version on my daughter's skinny dressform. I still will work on the slip idea before I post a pic of me in it.

And the actual envelope cover:


I think I need to get my beading supplies out and create a pretty necklace to wear, plus I need better shoes. It's definitely a girly dress.

I also purchased two other Simplicity patterns and fabrics to sew up. The fabrics are all the same, a linen/cotton blend from Joann's. It's the same one I used to make the turquoise sundress from the Modelina magazine.

Here are the other two patterns and the fabrics.




As you can tell, there is a bit of a similar look to the dress styles. Even though I feel "waistless" the sack look just didn't do it for me, so I am trying out styles with the empire waist (no gathers underneath, and the wrap style.

Here I have two more dresses to work on, and I'm feeling the boredom. Oh well.....

2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty dress! Can't wait to see it on you. That print is lovely, and I really love a wrap style. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the dress shown--it's a very pretty combination of colors. Also, I love the ikat-type prints--very summery!. I can't wait to see how the dresses turn out.

    Rose in SV

    ReplyDelete