Thursday, November 11, 2010

Dying to match

Another joke here. I started a bra using the tricot and matching lace from an old half slip I bought at Goodwill. I have a small piece of pink powernet that matches close enough to use in the band, but no other trims seem to match.

My goal was to try to match the color using RIT dye. The plan was good, it just didn't work. Of course if I spent the time and effort perfecting it, it would have worked, I'm just too lazy.

The RIT Dye website has lots of great information and a mixing guide to make 500 colors. I will plan on using this again, but when I want to dye all the items to match, not to match something else.

Here's what I came out with. Oh, and I'm going to go ahead and use it anyway. I need to be less particular.


Bra I'm making:


I have a great mistake to share too. I cut the length of channeling I needed, but dyed the long piece I cut it from instead. What a bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment