Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A pretty little number

I'm having fun working on another version of the PinUp Girls bra. This one is with purple tricot and black lace. I'm not done yet as the underwires I just bought are a bit too long (and my older ones too short.) Time to order yet some more. I plan on cutting them down and "gooping" the ends for now.





While I was patiently waiting for my goodies to arrive from SewSassy (I had great service btw and the items are all terrific...) I started on another bra, using a different pattern.

I made this pattern for my smaller busted daughter some time back. It's KwikSew3300, and I made the 38D, as the cup should be the same as the 36DD (which the pattern doesn't have.) Then I plan on just shortening the back band 1" as I like a 37" in band. We'll see what happens.

The fabric is from a half slip I bought at GoodWill and the lace too. I don't have channeling or elastic to match so the plan is to try to make up a "blush" colored dye with coffee and KoolAid. I won't get to that for a few days yet.

Here's where I am so far. No clue how it fits but the cups do fit over my bust well enough if I hold it up to me.



I finally took photos of what I bought at the Sewing Expo when it was here just a week or so ago.

4 comments:

  1. I love the purple and black bra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the way that you play with the purple tricot and the black lace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the bra! I REALLY want to try my hand at making one, but am too nervous to try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant job! I found you through the Dutch Lingerie making forum. I haven't made any bras for a little while, but need to start making a couple again. Sadly it may only be white ones this time!

    ReplyDelete