The underwires I ordered from Sew Sassy fit me perfectly under the breast except for being too long. Plus each bra you sew might be a bit higher or lower under the arm or between the breasts, so learning how to adjust an underwire can be necessary.
I typed "household goop" into Google and found what I think I was looking for, but couldn't find it a Walmart or Lowes but there was a tube at Home Depot for around $3.00.
There are no exact instructions on how to apply it so I just went for it. First I kinda sorta got a glop on each end, allowed it dry for a minute or so and then worked it a bit with my fingers (it didn't stick) into shape. A short while later I added another glop and did it again. I found a container to set the wires in to dry thoroughly (not sure how long that will be) and attempted to take photos. That was the hard part actually.
I'll let you know how well it works when I go to insert the wires. Obviously the tip has to be small enough to get through the channeling.

Glop of Goop on the ends.

The product I'm using and the way I'll let the Goop dry.

A close up of the Goop worked into a nice rounded shape, all done with my fingertip.
Thanks for the information. I'm looking forward to seeing the end results.
ReplyDeleteThat's the same stuff I use and it works great! I haven't had any problems with laundering. etc.
ReplyDelete