HAH!
I really am not crazy about sewing panties. Now it could be due to the fact that I used tricot, a not-fun fabric to sew. I have problems with the slipperiness and then the stretching of the elastic. I guess it takes practice.
I'm thinking though that I will try my old sewing machine as the feeddog are set wider on my newer one, which makes it hard to grab the fabric.
I made 3 pairs with the picot elastic and I don't like the outcome. Even washed the elastic did not get smaller. Maybe the tricot is too light to handle the weight of the elastic.
I do like the single other pair I made with the light elastic lace.
We'll see what the girls have to say.

I made some panties the other day and am not so happy with the ones with the narrow lingerie elastic either. I made the last ones with cotton mix ribbing on the waistband and FOE on the legs. They are way better. I used the Cheeky Panties pattern from Burdastyle. Funny thing is they're the same colours as yours!
ReplyDeleteLove the second panties
ReplyDeleteYes, the second pair looks so much nicer. I just downloaded the Cheeky Panties pattern the other day, though I haven't sewn it up yet. I also bought a few more KwikSew Patterns to play with.
ReplyDelete