The cover of the the Kwik Sew 3594 pattern is quite boring and utilitarian, the band is horizontal, but I had such good luck with the 34D that I had to run with it.
The tweaks I made were to make the cup the tiniest bigger. I added about 1/4" to the apex in the lower cup, then spread the upper cup to match. I also raised the underarm seam about 3/8". I added maybe 1/2" to the band in the back.
I put it on at the same time as my favorite Wacoal bra, and it looks like I maybe need to raise the underarm still another 1/4" to 1/3". I also did not add boning to the side, as I didn't have any at the time, but I do prefer the boning. I also didn't need the extra 1/2" on the back of the band.
One other area for me to work on is no band under the bottom of the cups, I need to sew the elastic closer as it will roll on me (just a wee bit chubby in that area.) I also need better strapping materials, in fact, I really need to do some online shopping.
I'm wearing it right now and will wear it all day.
The other day I hit the thrift shop and actually purchased 3 bras and a bustier (for the boning). Turns out the bottom bra in the picture fits me perfectly. The tag says Venus 80D and I haven't looked up the equivalent size. The middle bra is a 36D and the cup is too flat for me, and the top pink bra fits well too, though I can't read the size. And funny thing is, I didn't try any on, just bought them to examine and for parts.
And I really like the side boning on the bottom bra, the Venus 80D, it has double boning. I will definitely want to try that myself.

Very helpful and interesting. Thank you for your review of the pattern. I really appreciate it. Your bra turned out so attractive.
ReplyDelete