Wednesday, November 13, 2013

KwikSew 2101 and rambling on

You might be wondering how my pants drafting went....fine....the paper is still on the table.  I never went any farther than that.  The draft looks great though, like it just might fit.  I kept reading online and found the Sure-Fit Design System which appears to be basically the same, just more updated, so guess what I did?  Yup, went and purchased it.  I ordered the 3-kit combo and will discuss it once I receive it.

So what to do until it comes, start a new bra of course.

I don't have photos yet as I just got started, but instead of working on the one I did most recently I pulled out a pattern I hadn't done yet, KwikSew 2101

I have not yet made a bra where the top portion is fully lace (not underlined) or without a full band.  Since the last bra was a 34D I'm doing this one as a 34D also, and will worry about the fit after the fact.

So far I have the cups sewn, the bands attached and the casing attached.  I'll work on it some more tomorrow.

I can already tell it's not as supportive due to the type of band, but I won't be able to analyze it fully till completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment