Saturday, July 29, 2017

A wedding, a jeans jacket and more...

You wouldn't think I could have so much to chat about, but all sorts of things have happened in my life this past week.

First of all, Bill and I got officially married - just yesterday.  We've been together almost 15 years, both of us were widowed and we met online.


wed4

The bride is wearing a linen/cotton blend from Joann's, bought many years ago. The pattern was a Lutterloh pattern I sewed up last summer. The groom is wearing who knows what.

I started sewing Carols' Jacket from Silhouette Patterns, #900, the other day, and after a quick muslin it went together quite well.  It's based on the blouse pattern, so I started with my standard size 4 with a D cup.  When I made the muslin, I could easily see where I would have to add for my belly.  The front "darting" is in the princess seam at the front, so I added my width there and also some at the side seams.

I still have to add some buttons or snaps for the first jacket, but it's kind of cute and will be fun to wear this fall.


zebra

Some of the detail shots I took while sewing the jacket are below.
jacketconstruction


I had a difficult time attaching the collar with the "industry" method that Peggy shows, but I will get better with practice.  I ended up removing the collar and putting it between the facing and front bodice, the same way one would with t convertible collar.  But I do plan on practicing on the next one.
collardetail


As far as chatting about colors, here is this fabric next to my swatches.  Obviously it is not a perfect match, but my consultant said we don't have to have perfect matches.  It's kind of between 20 (purple) and 19 (fuchsia).   I'm calling it close enough.
colors


I decided to start on a 2nd jacket and this one is also from the stash, a red cotton/spandex, and no doubt, it's a perfect match to #22.  I have a piece of black and white that would be a cute skirt and with a little black (or white) top, I think it will be a fun outfit.
reds

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! On the nuptials, then on to the jacket and finally the colors near the swatches. What a fab week.. looking to see how you top that this week....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the wedding! You both looks as happy as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Congratulations on tying the knot! I wish you many more years of happiness together. I love your jean jacket too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your wedding! Cute jacket, what a fun print.

    ReplyDelete